
When was the last time any of you had a good old fashioned Slurpee from 7-11? Well, for me it's been years! I think the last time I got a slurpee was when I was junior high or high school (probably more like jr. high!) and I'd go out and mow the lawn for my dad. It was always his payment for doing the deed for him. Not that I was ever looking for slurpee payments for mowing the lawn, I much preferred the excuse to wear a tank top and get a little sun!!! I confess, I've never liked looking like a ghost! (stay tuned for my blog to come! you can all tell me how stupid I am then!!)
Anyway, back to slurpees! It's been a really long week, lots of stress, little sleep. I had to leave Abbie again today so I could go to my biology lab. Not an easy thing for me to do, especially since she spent so much time with Ralph this week which means that her system is all out of whack! Luckily, I have the best sister in the world who is always willing to help me out by babysitting. Easy peasy day for her though, Abbie slept the entire time! (poor kid though, a five hour nap is so not in the norm for her!)
I get to my lab, take my quiz (which I think I pretty much rocked!), and get started on the lab material. I had read through the material yesterday and this morning and was thinking it would be pretty easy and I'd be done in less than two hours. Boy was I wrong! I am quickly learning that I am not cut out for this biology garbage (sorry to those who love the subject!). Those who really know me are probably questioning me at this point in time, since I'm going into medicine and biology is such a HUGE aspect of the medical world! Okay, lets face it, biology is all about cells and cells are the building blocks of life, yadda yadda yadda. I get it, without all of these cells, we would never exist, medicine would never exist, and so on! I could care less about those teeny tiny cells. Give me the structure! I can do anatomy, I can do physiology, I can do the calculations to figure out moles and molarity, but can I do biology? Heavens no! Nucleus, mitochondria, cytoplasm, cell wall... they are words I have heard since I was in elementary school and they still go in one ear and right out the other! I hate it! No wonder I only took the necessary biology courses to graduate and nothing more! I am no good at biology and all the stuff that require a microscope to see!!! I have not struggled with a class this much since I took my sociology class six years ago!
I managed to make it through the lab, making sure to hit all the exercises. Yeah, I found everything, mostly with the help from my professor, but I don't think I understood 99% of what I saw. With this in mind, I was pretty stinkin' close to tears on my way home. After calling both of my sisters and finding out that Abbie was still sleeping and I'd confirmed a walk with my baby sis, I headed over to pick up my sleeping babe. On the drive to my sister's, I was thinking of the places that we could walk tonight and all I could think about was how we used to walk to 7-11 all the time when we were kids to get slurpees. After that, I was doomed. I could not get my mind off of them!
Once Abbers and I finally got home, I ran the slurpee thought by my sister and she agreed that they sounded delish!! Because of Abbie's long nap, she had missed out on lunch. Dad bbq'd (and managed to do it fairly early tonight!), so I decided to feed my kiddo first. By the time we had all eaten, neither of us wanted to go walking but we still wanted a slurpee! So my sister, Abbie, and I all hoped into the car and headed to the local sev and purchased slurpees for the fam. Let me just tell you, it was the BEST treat I have had in a long time! It was seriously like I was pregnant again with the cravings and needing to have it (except that I really didn't have any situations when I was pregnant that I HAD to have something). I got a wild strawberry and melon berry or something like that mixture. The wild strawberry was way too tart for my sensitive tongue, but I enjoyed it thoroughly throughout the night! I even got Abbie her own! Abbers loved it and managed to eat the majority of it! The fam enjoyed theirs too! No complaints in this household! For anyone who is looking for an inexpensive, cold treat this summer, may you keep in mind the slurpee! (no, I'm not getting paid for the plug, I just really enjoyed it and wanted to share in my bliss!) It also helps when you are having a bad day! Nothing like taking a walk down memory lane!!!




It's nice to see you're starting her out right. *wink*
ReplyDeleteI love slurpees and apparently abbie does too!
ReplyDeletehow's it goin?? It was good to hear from you! I know how you feel...I feel like I am always out of the loop too and I have no idea what's goin on! When you have kids that's all that matters huh!! Anyway, you can look at my website and look at the catalog on line to see the jewelry. I love it! The website is: www.liasophia.com/jenb
ReplyDeleteShe is getting so big! Adam and I recently had a slurpee, as we live 1/2 a block from a sev. Truly brilliant, they are so delicious!
ReplyDelete