Last week when the weather wasn't so great, I had an epiphany in the shower (okay, this is where I do all of my good thinkin')! I was trying to think of something to do to entertain Abbie since it was too wet and cold to go outside.
Sometime in January, I was in Park City doing some shopping and happened to stop in K B Toys, which was having a most fantastic going out of business sale, and I purchased a wading pool for Abbie this summer. Along with the pool came a dozen or so plastic balls. I purchased another 100 so that we could make it all worthwhile and have some indoor fun as well.
Back to the shower. . . . . so, the thought came to me that I should pull out the pool and invite my sister and her two youngest over for lunch and to play for a while. After this thought came, I just couldn't stop them! I started thinking indoor pool party (but with the balls of course!), coconut classes with milk, a tiki hut, and the thoughts just kept coming! Don't ask me why my mind kept wandering, I don't have anything beach-like around! I called my sister and ran the thought past her and she decided that lunch and the ball pit sounded all right and she'd be over in a bit.
We started out with mac and cheese all around while I blew up the teeny tiny pool. Okay, this pool is nothing like I thought! It'll be great for Abbie alone, but not much room for any others! My brother was also around and was just like the kids and couldn't wait to join in the fun with them! Here are some of the pics!
Abbie, Hannah, and Anthony trying to fit into the pool!
Abbie and Hannah hiding under the pool
All three squishing in the pool
Hannah and Abbie
It turned out pretty well, regardless of what my sis may say. A couple hours of eating and playing and it was time for afternoon naps. Needless to say, they all slept pretty well! Can't wait for the next play date!



It WAS fun. It was just... um... squishy.
ReplyDeleteAnd very loud.
:)