I just laid Abbers down for the third time tonight (this was just before ten tonight). The first time she was up? Just the typical "It's been 50 minutes since you laid me down and I know you are watching the end of a great show, but I need a hug" cry.

The second time she was screaming like she had hurt herself. The reason? She had somehow knocked her picture of Jesus off of her dresser. She was jumping up and down in her crib, pointing to the crib, and crying. As soon as I picked the picture up and showed her it was okay, she stopped crying and started laughing and shaking with excitement. I handed her the picture and she gave it a big hug and kiss before I put it back on the dresser. After another diaper change and a big squeeze, I haven't heard another peep!
Okay, so I'm human and I understand that. I'll admit that I was irritated that in less than two hours since I had laid her down she was up crying for the second time (and NO, it wasn't because I was involved with any tv show. there isn't anything on worth watching Tuesday nights!) I was even a little frustrated that she was crying so hard because she
had knocked things off her dresser. But, after seeing her response and relief to have that picture back up where it belongs was a bit humbling for me! It is a huge comfort to me to know that she still has such a strong relationship with her Heavenly Father. Ralph is no longer so much of a religious person so I feel like I am working a million times harder at being that example and teacher that Abbie needs. With the way Abbie reacted tonight to the picture of Christ, it reaffirmed that I'm probably not doing quite as bad as I think I am!
I love you Abbie! Thank you for being my teacher!



What a sweet moment. Being a parent is a daily humbling experience. They know way more than I think they do!
ReplyDeleteWhen we said our family prayer this morning, the kids noticed right away that Abbie folded her arms, and Kenny couldn't get through more than a few sentences before she started shouting, "Amen! Amen! AMEN!"
ReplyDeleteI was the only one who understood her, and it was so hard to keep from laughing out loud!
Pretty soon she'll insist that she says every blessing on the food, as well as morning and evening prayers. My kids were always such a great example of prayer for me. :)
She's so special, Kristi! Thanks for sharing this story. You do a wonderful job with her. Here is proof.
Love you!
What a sweet story! She is such a cutie, its sweet to think how thin the veil still is for them :)
ReplyDeleteI was wondering if I could get your address? I need to mail out birth anouncements. My email is adeline91906@aol.com
thank you kristi!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThat is precious, and such a special thought to think these darling little ones were just in heaven with so many incredible people. Don't you love the lessons they teach us!!
ReplyDelete