Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Foot Diagnosis. . . .Is that what you call it?



Here's the latest foot update.  I saw my doc again yesterday.  He laughed when he walked in the room.  Good sign???  Who really knows.  He sat down and told me it was an interesting MRI result.  He told me, "I'll tell you what it says, then I'll interpret it."


This is what the MRI said.  I have a stress reaction to the third and fourth heads of the metatarsals.  Question a possible bone infection.  This is what it means.  Apparently a stress reaction is what they call it when the bone hasn't fractured, but is trying hard to.  Yippee!  The place in which the "reaction" is taking place is in the long bones of the foot, at the end before the ankle bones start.  If you're looking at the foot, it's pretty much right in the middle, where the arch is but I can pin point the pain on the top of my foot.  Make sense???  It makes perfect sense to me!  I had to have lab work done as well to rule out a bone infection.  He laughed at that possible diagnosis because my foot isn't red or inflamed.  He did also laugh again because it seems so odd for someone who doesn't play basketball, volleyball, or run to be experiencing an injury like this!


I left with the instructions to call him Thursday to get the lab results, to wear the pretty shoe for another month (or something that was comfortable, HA!), keep it rested (hello, active 1 year old!), and to come back in a month to check any possible changes.


So, what did I do today?  I put Abbie in that jogging stroller that hasn't been used yet and went for a 35 minute walk/run.  It was cold and painful, but I had to get out!!!  Not only did I need the fresh air but I swear I look pregnant again (not possible!) and that has got to go!!!  but that's another story!  Anyway, I figure if I can't get off it and give it the rest it's supposed to have all the time, the least I can do is make the time that I am on it more enjoyable for both me and Abbie!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Kristi! I'm glad you finally got answers. Yeah...the results are quite interesting lol. I'm gonna pray for ya! You should to a questionaire as well..I would love to learn more about you! BTW i really like your new background...I'm a scrapbooker so it's hard to miss this one:D Have a blessed day!

    P.S. Are you following my blog? Cause I don't see you for some reason if you are, I hope you decide to.....I love your comments..thanx!

    Susan@-}----- xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you are a freak of nature! Welcome to the club! How the heck are you con carne? Can I still call you that! YOur daughter is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always have been a freak, always will be!!! I think I will forever be con carne to a few select people, so you are always welcome to call me that!

    ReplyDelete