For starters, I'm glad that the weather rarely wavers when it comes time for General Conference!!! This year it is snow instead of rain! Either way it's wet!!! I wonder if it is the Lord's way of trying to keep us indoors where we may better focus on his words!!!
Anyway, I have to say that I love that they started with Press Forward Saints! I have grown to love that song so much!
I didn't get to catch all of Elder Hales talk, but I love that he talked about how well Satan knows us. He knows when, where, and with what to tempt us. We need to be more in tune with the Spirit so we may be able to push away Satan and make correct decisions. I also liked that he talked about spending wisely and for the right reasons. Lately, I have a habit of wanting to spend what I've got on things I don't necessarily need!
I Thank Thee O God For A Prophet always gets me choked up! I love that song!!!
Margaret S. Lifferth (1st counselor primary presidency). I love the reminder she offered about being consistent and an example to our children when teaching gospel principles! It's easy to forget that Abbie is only 1 and won't always fold her arms for prayers. That's okay!!! At least she is learning to do it! I do need to become better with my personal prayers, FHE, and scripture study!
I can't even begin to restate the words of Elder Eyring, but his talk about how much the Lord loves us really touched me. All we need to do is our part in preparing ourselves to be the most faithful people we can be and put our faith in our Lord and he will take care of us, regardless of the trials or hardships we are going through. I can't wait to read this talk again in the Ensign and pull more out of it!
President Monson offered another wonderful reminder to count your blessings in these hard times. Put your hand in the Lord's, follow the light of Christ. "Fear not, be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith is." Love it!!
"You are never lost as long as you can see the temple." This is about the only thing I heard from Gary Stevensen's talk, but I sure liked it!
So, I really didn't get to watch or listen to as much conference as I wanted, but I am looking forward to the Ensign this spring!!!
My favorite part of conference this year was that I couldn't lay Abbie down for her naps with the radio. I had to turn on conference for her to listen to! Cute kid! She really settled down when it was on! It's a comfort to know that she is still so close to our Heavenly Father. With everything that has gone on in her life and everything to come, I hope she continues to have the same sweet spirit and remain as close to the gospel as she is now! She is a great example to me. I have a lot to work on to help maintain that spirit in our lives!



Yes, I agree, conference is great. I love that there is always something for everyone. I hope that they find out something about your foot. That's awesome you got a jogging stroller, just wish you could use it. What kind did you get? Ava and I will be in SLC in 2 weeks. Maybe we could get together then. Keep being an amazing mom and strong woman. Talk to you soon. Megan
ReplyDelete