I had been racking my brain for weeks trying to come up with something fun and memorable to do for Abbie for Easter this year when I saw a flier for Thanksgiving Point's festivities. What better way to celebrate Easter than to take a 1 year old to a not so big place on a not so big holiday for some spectacular fun!
Saturday morning started out crazy with a 1 year old who woke up too early and a cranky mom (me) who couldn't seem to get everything together in time. My mom, sister, Abbie, and I made it down there with a few minutes to spare. They had the egg hunts split up in to age groups, 0-3, 4-6, etc. There were about a million people waiting to gather the eggs that were tossed out on the lawn. When they said "go" I took Abbie's hand and we started running as fast as a toddler's legs can go. Funny thing, when I looked up, we had been left in the dust! The voices in my head told me to pick her up and run as well, otherwise we would never make it! That's what I did. I put Abbie down in a couple of different areas and she managed to pick up five eggs on her own. (Two would have done it! She was content with one in each hand) While on our quest for eggs, I noticed a few peculiar things. Of the baskets I saw, there were very few that were not overflowing. I saw only one other parent who was letting their child gather their own eggs. This cute little girl had picked up 1 and Abbie and I left her with 4 or 5 others around her. I was very ashamed of the parents who did all the work for their kids. Where is the fun in that for the kid? Besides that, what are you teaching them? Okay, I'm off my soapbox!
Along with the egg hunt, they had other activities for the kids. I've learned my baby is a little backwards. We did the bean bag toss, only Abbie wanted to collect the bean bags and wouldn't throw them! At the ring toss, I tossed the rings into the buckets and Abbie pulled them out! We had a good time watching her! We did some sidewalk chalk, colored an Easter picture, met the Easter bunny, and played with one of Abbie's favorite things, pinwheels! It was a cool, rainy day but overall we had a good time!




I love the photos! It looks like you guys had a great time!
ReplyDeleteGlad you girls had a good Easter!!!
ReplyDeleteThe slideshow is very cute:D~
Love, Susan
There's my girl! :) I love the montage.
ReplyDeleteI still think that rabbit is frightening.
Kristi she is a doll...What precious pictures!
ReplyDelete