Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Thoughts of the Night.....



I'm sitting here in bed, wanting to sleep, with a million thoughts running through my mind and knowing full well, that sleep is a little ways away.  arrgh!!  But what better way to release the pent up energy than writing?!?


My first thoughts fall to my beautiful angel, soundly sleeping six feet away from me.   Yep, my baby is home tonight!!!  It has been a rough night, but I am grateful to have her home.  After yesterday, I didn't think that 5:30 pm could come soon enough.  Luckily, I worked today (and didn't get low censused! or sent home early for those who don't know that term).  We had enough to do today to keep management from sending any of us home, so the company and the distractions they provide was a great blessing!  At 5:15 I arrived at my sister's home, the designated exchange point, and waited eagerly for my baby to arrive.  5:24 came and Ralph (the ex.  I've decided this is what he is going to be called from here on out) and Abbie came up the walk.  My sister and I were both quite surprised as he did not park out front like any normal person would.  We laughed a little, this isn't the first time he has parked in front of the neighbor's home so he "couldn't be seen," composed ourselves, and the exchange took place.  Once again, Ralph was extremely vague with any details concerning the last 30-some hours Abbie was "in his care."  We watched from the window to see if he would drive past, but he did not.  No surprise there.  Last time he parked at the neighbors, apparently he backed down the street so he could turn around and wouldn't have to drive by so the cousins could wave goodbye to Abbie.  Oh, the games!  I love dealing with "adults!"


Regardless of the new found game Ralph is playing, Abbie was home and that is all that mattered.  Unfortunately though, when Abbie spends too much time with Daddy (i.e. Ralph) and doesn't get any sleep, she becomes aggressive and I hate to say it but she's a little violent.  After pulling a massive handful of hair out of her cousin's head and hitting another cousin, we decided it was time to go home home.  At home, she got dinner (which she acted like she hadn't eaten all day) and a bath.  After a bath, I always lotion her up.  Tonight she decided to stand up and give me a hug while I was putting lotion on her back, or that's what I thought she was doing.  Well, one big hug, a nibble, and a painful pinch left me with definite teeth marks, the loss of some skin on my shoulder, and a swat on Abbie's rear end.  Okay, okay, I know.  I feel absolutely horrible, I didn't even leave a slight red mark on her, but after telling her "NO" the first time she bit me and telling her that it was naughty behavior to bite people, I didn't know what else to do.  *sigh*   I have some definite parenting skills to learn.  Any suggestions out there on how to discipline a biting 1 year old when "no" doesn't work???  I hate using "no" anyway!


As I said, she is asleep now.  It only took about an hour of tears for her to settle down and fall asleep.  She is out now and I pray she sleeps peacefully through the rest of the night.  She'll need it.  History tells me she will be very clingy tomorrow when she's not trying to catch up on sleep, so we have a long day a head of us and a schedule to get back on!  Maybe I should be going to sleep!!!  I love you though, Abbie!  Sweet dreams Princess!!


Thought number two goes out to my foot.  I had a MRI yesterday to determine if there really is something to the pain in my foot that they couldn't find on the x-rays.  I don't know the results yet and probably won't until next week.  However they pinned my foot down for the exam and really made it hurt.  They taped a protein tablet (looks like a vitamin) to my foot where the pain is, then I had to lay on my stomach for a half hour with what felt like 20 lbs over my foot to hold it in place.  I didn't limp into the scanner but I certainly did out!  Having the pressure on my foot to make sure it didn't move and having to sit on that tablet for a half hour really did a number that I didn't expect!  Sheesh, the pain is irritating!  Not only did it make the pain come back but I now have a deep burning sensation on the bottom of my foot.  I sure hope they find the cause of this pain because seven weeks is more than enough now and I have a pretty high tolerance to pain!  Besides that, I have a new jogging stroller that needs to be used and a strong desire to use it regardless of the consequences!  If only I had magic fairy dust......!


I have so many other things going through my mind, but the last one I'm going to share is about conference this weekend.  I am so excited that it is time for General Conference again!  I seriously haven't felt this way since October 2007 when I was pregnant, struggling to find myself again and my bishop felt inspired to give my family the small handful of tickets to attend one of the sessions in the Conference Center.  I went that time with my mom and younger sister and the strong desire to get something out of it.  I knew the Lord had me specifically in mind for those speakers because they were talking directly to me!  I feel the same way this week as I am trying to mentally and spiritually prepare myself to listen to my Heavenly Father through his called instruments.  There is something out there this April conference that I need and I am eager to find out what it is!!!!  


Well friends, I am out of here for the night!  The sandman is starting to gain control!!!  Thanks for putting up with the random thoughts of Kristi for one night!

8 comments:

  1. A quick swat was always my knee-jerk reaction to getting bitten, too, so it's not just you. Ouch!

    Ralph. I am giggling here. Raaaaaalph.

    (Hannah just drew a picture on the magna-doodle of the front of our house, and she told me, "This is our front door, and this is Poopy's car, and this is the sun that's smiling, because Poopy brought Abbie back." And then she erased the car.)

    I'm excited for Conference, too. It'll be fun to spend it together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristi! Thank you sooo much for the beautiful comment you left on my post. I was almost in tears because while I was typing that comment on the other person's blog I was hoping to shed some light and maybe even help save a marriage but I forgot a very important detail....that there would be others reading it and maybe just maybe they would find it inspiring. My main goal is to make a difference in people's lives through Jesus Christ! Thank you for making my heart smile last night!!!! It was awesome:D

    Sounds like we have alot in common huh? Pretty neat! Yeah I used to drink coffee as a child being that I'm from latin america but with my IBS that hasn't happened sine I was like 13? I totally love the number 2 this might sound silly but I like even number way better than odd lol. How neat....so music is very important to both of us! I just wrote a post about my piano lessons u should check it out! Music has a very special place in my heart! It's very powerful and heartfelt. Oh would you like to be my tutor?:D I pray that I can learn it well and start playing! I'm pretty sure if we dig long enough we'll come to find we have even more in common:D~

    About this post......I would like to start by saying I love the way you love your lil Abs. It is evident that you love her and that you're trying to be the best mommy you can be to her!She is beautiful btw! Second...I've seen plenty of movies (my mom loved lifetime movies) about children who go back and forth because their parents are not together but you are the first person in my life who really puts in under perspective for me. Sometimes we get caught in our own lives and forget to truly appreciate what we have. I was raised by my mom and my stepdad who is like a father to me so I never experience what lil Abs is doing. Ok well when I was little I did go visit my biological father but it was normally just around holidays. Once we moved to the states..that stopped. I can't begin to imagine the anxiety that you feel when she goes to her dad's. You know what though? She may not have a home with a mom and a dad BUT she has a very strong mom whom odviously loves her and she has a HEAVENLY FATHER who is by her side every single minute of life. Abby will always have God whom she'll be able to come to whenever the going gets tough. BTW I love the name Abigail = it means a Father's joy

    I don't have any kids but I do feel a lil anxious every time my biological father and dad are in the same room. It's not something easy to cope with for a child. You feel unstable at times. It almost sound to me that Aby longs for more stability which is hard to create when both parents want to spend time with her. She could also be longing for attention...you are giing her plenty but unfortunately being that she's going back and forth she feels a lil distressed. It's not for other to understand what we kids of separated/divorced parents go through but I can almost connect with Aby in that sense. You really need to ask the Lord to guide you. You may not be able to control what goes on on the other end but God says to seek and you will find. God will give you the wisdom you need to help Aby cope with her situation. There's a saying I love: "when life gets you down look UP" I am going to lift you up in prayer my friend.

    Heavenly Father,

    I come before You're throne to thank you from the bottom of my heart for bringins Kristi into my life through our blogs. A couople of days ago we were total strangers and today because of you mercy and love I feel as if I've known her for a while. That is what you do for You children! I want to put Kristi and Aby in the palm of Your hand and ask You to surround their home with angels, to fill their hearts with peace, love and to give Kristi the wisdom she needs to raise her daughter Your way! Fill lil Abs lots of love Lord, the kind of Lord that heals any hurt so that she doesn't feel rejected, unstable, anxious or scared. Lord, this lil girl is Yours and You will look out for her. May Kristi always remember that You promise to always help her in the storm. That she is not alone! I also ask that You set her free from all the pain she feel on her foot. Father heal her. Thank you Lord for using Kristi last night to bless my life with such sweet words!
    In Jesus name I pray..AMEN!!!

    Remember this Kristi...you maybe not have pixie dust BUT you have a powerful GOD who is all-knowing and is waiting to open heaven's gates and bless you beyond measure. You can do ANYTHING through Christ who strengthens you!!!!!

    One last note: My husband and I believe that it's ok to spank. I know society says no but God says to discipline your children. I will look up the scripture so I can share it with you. Don't feel bad at all....God disciplines us because He loves us and you should do the same.

    HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY WONDERFUL WOMEN OF GOD!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more thing....Have an amazing time at the conference! I just went to our church's women's retreat and the Lord spoke to my heart so much. I willblog about it soon! God will speak to you at this conference so be prepared!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristi - hang in there, this too shall pass. :) I have had many challenges in my life and I just say to myself "this too shall pass" and it does. :) Thanks for the comments on my daughters dresses, I got them from Sears. :) Same place I got their Christmas dresses. I can't find matching ones anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristi - all I can say is this too shall pass. Hang in there!

    P.S. I got the girls dresses at Sears. Less expensive and can always find matching dresses there in their size. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I am so sorry to hear about this. I hope things get better for you. The price on the cake is $40.oo. Also, I am going private so leave me an comment with your email.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just don't bite her back. I was visiting one of the mom's that I work with when her child bit her so she turned right around and bit him back. I couldn't believe my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hee hee hee, Miranda... Kristi was a terrible biter, and my mom DID bite her back once. Guess what made Kristi stop biting?

    Yup, getting bitten.

    Hmmm, Kristi, it sounds like Karma. (I love you!)

    ReplyDelete